Wednesday, June 23, 2010

House (that Glanville Built) Cleaning: PSA

As you may have noticed, I've been a bit M.I.A. (and I'm not talking the musician) around these parts the past couple of days. You know why? Because work sucks, that's why.



Due to some unfortunate circumstances, like people actually expecting me to do real work at work all of the sudden, I'm going to have to figure some things out to keep my productivity at the site up. That may mean posting at night from here on out, something that may or may not happen. It may mean something else. I have no idea. We'll see how it goes.

What I do know is that the weekend started out great. The Phils won on Friday, the Flyers traded for Dan Hamhuis, which is just incredibly awesome and takes care of their defensive needs (assuming they sign him and restricted free agent Braydon Coburn), and I got a call from my mom at 1 that she just received four free tickets to the Phils game. So far, so good.

Then I went to the game with my dad and silver fox, sat out in the deadly heat, right in line of the blazing hot sun, and watched the Phillies absolutely mash the ball, taking a comfortable five-run lead into the 9th. Things were going well. Even Arkansas Fred and his dad and fiance were right in the section next to us. Looked to be a good day. Then Jose Contreras couldn't get anyone out, Jim Thome hit a two-run homer, and Brad Lidge came in and blew the save by serving up the tying home run to Joe Mauer. Gay. To add insult to injury, Chad Durbin came in in the 10th and surrendered a solo home run to a guy who was batting .154 with zero homers on the season. It didn't even matter that Ross Gload tied it with a solo shot himself in the bottom half of the inning, because Danys Baez came in and gave up 3 runs in the 11th. You know why? Because Danys sucks. And that game sucked.

Cole pitched well after a horrific three-run first inning, certainly pitching well enough to win. But the bullpen blew it. Then I found out Manute Bol died.





That was another kick in the balls. Then the Phils got shut down Sunday. Not good. At least Jamie Moyer looks like he's 44 again, getting everyone out. And Jimmy is back, finally. And Greg Dobbs got designated for assignment — something that was long overdo — if he clears waivers.

I hate work.

This is amazing:









BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment