Friday, April 4, 2014

It's Friday, Time to Dance

So here's the thing — I don't understand Drake. I mean, I understand that he's from Canada and really popular with younger people, but I don't understand what Drake is. Is he a rapper? An R&B mix of a singer? I don't know.

All I do know is that Drake's music is absolutely terrible to my ears, which only adds to my confusion. His voice is annoying. His lyrics are stupid. And he's not really good at rapping or singing. Yet he's everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

Now, he has a song about Johnny Manziel, another guy I don't understand but for entirely other reasons.

Manziel was an excellent college quarterback, winning the Heisman as a redshirt freshman and doing some amazing things at Texas A&M. But I don't understand the infatuation with him as far as his off-the-field incidents, which don't seem like a big deal at all. And I don't understand how he'll fit in the NFL, or where he'll be drafted.

So maybe it makes perfect sense that Drake wrote a song about Johnny Manziel, because both people are pretty damn confusing.

Anyway, here it is. I listened to it once, and I will never listen to it again because Drake is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment