Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm Tired, Here's Video of Penn State & Jaromir Jagr

I had a long weekend that included a bachelor party, not enough sleep and a Monday that was incredibly busy. Frankly, I'm worn out. So here are a just a few of the points I'd like to make about Penn State's 34-24 victory over Northwestern Saturday night and the Flyers' 4-2 win over the Maple Leafs last night:

Penn State-Northwestern
- Dan Persa really plays with a chip on his shoulder against Penn State, and it's really annoying. I know he was pretty damn good last year before he got hurt, and he's getting better the healthier he gets this year, but I refuse to believe this guy can be good for a sustained period of time. I just do.

- Oh hey, look at that — Penn State plays one quarterback, the better quarterback, the entire game, and the offense puts up 34 points and could actually move the ball through the air. Don't be dumb and go back to playing Rob Bolden anymore.

-Gerald Hodges has the best game of his career, though I'm not sure what the hell happened there at the end of his interception return.

- Silas Redd is the truth. Nothing more needs to be said.

- Devon Smith just kept running right by the pathetic Northwestern defense. Since I said he wasn't a football player, Devon has been playing really good football. You're welcome.

- Jordan Hill and Devon Still may be the best defensive tackle I've ever seen at Penn State.

- Nice to see Stephfon Green and Curtis Drake are alive.

- Somehow this team is 7-1 and first in their division thanks to that crazy ending in the Michigan State-Wisconsin game.




Flyers-Leafs
- Jaromir Jagr looked a lot like the old Jaromir Jagr last night.

- I don't remember Scott Hartnell falling on his own once … and he played pretty damn awesome.

- Sergei Bobrovsky looked really good, especially on some acrobatic saves. The guy is quick as hell from pipe to pipe.

- That Chris Pronger play is scary as hell. Two fluke injuries in back-to-back years for the guy. Hope he regains full vision quickly and gets back out there in 2-3 weeks.

- Watching Jagr do his thing, I'm assuming the three no-doubt-about-it guys for any shootouts this year are Danny Briere, Claude Giroux and Jagr. Gotta be, right?









No comments:

Post a Comment