Monday, May 16, 2011

Kenny Stole My Thunder: Allen Iverson's 52 Points

Since today is the 10-year anniversary of Allen Iverson scoring over 50 points for the second time in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Toronto Raptors, this after Charles Oakley declared Iverson would not score 50 again on them after he put up 54 in game 2, I was gonna do a little reminiscing about that. But my man Kenny over at Ed the Sports Fan beat me to the punch.

So instead of rehashing that exact moment, I'll just post some videos of that epic series, and next month, around the 10th anniversary of game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals, I will write a retrospective on what it was like to be a Sixers fan during that remarkable season in which Allen Iverson was named MVP, Dikembe Mutombo Defensive Player of the Year, Aaron McKie Sixth Man of the Year and Larry Brown Coach of the Year as the Sixers made it all the way to the NBA Finals.















Hopefully I'll beat Kenny to the punch on that one. In the meantime, definitely check out his post. It brought back chills.

2 comments:

  1. You and I are kindred spirits. We really are brothers from another mother.

    When I saw your tweet this morning, the first thing I thought was "Welp, I hope Rev will write about Game One of the Finals," and I'll be damned: we're on the same page with that one.

    I'll leave that date alone, and if you wanna run yours on ETSF as well as on your site, I'll clear the date for you.

    ReplyDelete