Monday, May 9, 2011

The Patron Saint Speaks (to Me)

You know, after the Flyers' loss on Friday night to end their season and complete the sweep, I planned on doing what just about everyone who writes about the Flyers planned on doing/did: Write about the needs of this team, specifically the options in net. But every Philadelphia writer under the sun has already done that, so I'll just say this: Ideally, I'd like to see the Flyers sign Ilya Bryzgalov, having him be the starter for the next 3-5 years while at the same time mentoring fellow Russian Sergei Bobrovsky.



If you have to trade someone like Jeff Carter or even Matt Carle or not sign Ville Leino, so be it. Obviously, I'd like all those guys to come back, but a proven, reliable goalie is much more necessary to this team than any one of those players individually. I'll leave it at that.

And as far as the Phillies are concerned, the weekend sucked. They couldn't even win a game in which Cliff Lee struck out 16 guys. So instead, let me refer to you my Twitter account, specifically this exchange:



Yeah, so, Doug Glanville and I are pretty much best friends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment