Thursday, March 11, 2010

The 360 Oop that's Not a 360

Witness:



Impressive alley-oop for sure. However, everywhere I look, people are calling this or labeling this a 360 alley-oop. Um, watch it again. And again. And again.

I did. About 20 times. And every single time, it's not a 360. It's a 180. Am I the only one who sees this? Am I crazy? Or am I the only one who knows what a 360 is? Look again. J.R. catches the ball facing Chauncey, with his back to the rim. Then he turns his body halfway and throws it down. Thus, it's a 180, no? Even if you want to say he wasn't completely facing Chauncey when he takes off, he still wasn't facing the basket either. He was looking toward the sideline. At best, it's a 270.

So yeah, awesome dunk. Incredible dunk. But it wasn't a 360 alley-oop.

Oh, and Tyreke went off for his first career triple last night, posting a 19-10-10.



Philly represent, represent, represent.

BallHype: hype it up!

4 comments:

  1. He did a 360 (or close) from the time he jumped to the time he dunked the ball...but when he caught the ball and then dunked it was only a 180..I agree...I only called it a 360 on You Got Dunked On because I knew everyone would google "JR Smith 360 dunk"...gotta drive that traffic! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a 270, maybe 295 generously. That shit was sick as hell though. Best oop I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a 360 cause he started his jump while running towards the basket. He was looking back at Chauncy but still moving forward to the basket so while his upper body appears to do a 180, he does a 360.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm clearly in the minority. But it sure as shit was impressive either way.

    ReplyDelete