Sunday, March 1, 2009

Site News

Just a heads up to anyone that has become accustomed to the semi-regular writing schedule of this site: Things are about to change.



Due to the economy completely going in the shitter and my company laying people off left and right, my real job is going to require quite a bit more of my time. This means, unfortunately, that I won't be able to write much, if at all, during the day. Therefore, I'll be doing my best to write at night and keep up to date, but unfortunately, the posts are going to continue to decline. I'd expect about one a day. Maybe sometimes more, maybe sometimes less. We'll see. But the frequency won't be as high as it once was. This sucks immensely, but what can I do? I'm a slave to the man. Damn the man.

On worse notes, Brian Dawkins is no longer an Eagle. Frankly, it's just not right. Brian Dawkins is easily the most beloved Philadelphia Eagles of my lifetime, the greatest Eagle ever. The fact that he will not spend his entire career in Philadelphia is a travesty.



I love Brian Dawkins. I'm going to miss him so much. It sucks that he is gone. I don't want to even accept it. But as they say, life goes on. Unfortunately, that life now does not include Brian Dawkins roaming the secondary for the Eagles. There's so much more to say, but to be honest, I'm too depressed to even begin to elaborate. Brian Dawkins is more of a man than Andy Reid, Joe Banner and Jeffrey Lurie combined. Granted, five years is a long time to sign a 35-year-old whose best days are behind him, but if ever there was a guy worth overpaying, it is Brian Dawkins. He deserves nothing but the best. When the Eagles play the Broncos this upcoming season, I'm going to cry. Like a baby. Because seeing Brian Dawkins visit Philadelphia in an opposing jersey just isn't right. And it could have been avoided. But it wasn't.

Fuck the Eagles for throwing him aside. Best of luck B-Dawk. You are the greatest. See you in the Hall of Fame.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment