Thursday, August 13, 2009

Preseason is for the Birds

The NFL preseason is too long. The games don't mean a damn thing. By halftime, interest is waning. And yet, I love the first preseason game. I love it so very, very much. Because I'm mentally challenged, you see.



I love the first preseason game so much that I'm actually glad the Phillies don't have a night game so I can focus my attention solely on watching the Eagles beginning at 7:30 tonight. I can't wait to get a glimpse of newcomers LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, Leonard Weaver, Jason Peters, Stacy Andrews, Brandon Gibson, Sean Jones and Ellis Hobbs.

I'm pumped to see DeSean Jackson, a healthy Kevin Curtis and Brent Celek. I'll have a watchful eye on Quintin Demps, Winston Justice, Joe Mays and Omar Gaither. I can't wait to see the revamped offense and talented defense. I'm just excited to see the Eagles suit up and go at it against a real opponent.

Of course, there are particularly intriguing questions to keep an eye on: Can LeSean McCoy pick up the blitz? How will the rebuilt offensive line gel? Can Reggie Brown still play football? Will the Eagles actually run the ball now that they have a fullback? Can Chris Clemons please stand up? Is Akeem Jordan a real player? Can Joe Mays and Omar Gaither fill Stewart Bradley's void? How will the Sean Jones/Quintin Demps battle play out? How many touchdowns will Greg Lewis score just to rub it in our faces? Can Todd Herremans give me a ride to pick up some weed since he won't be playing?



There's a good chance I'll even torture myself to watch through the 4th quarter to get a glimpse of Penn Stater Josh Gaines. It's the first time we get to see the Eagles take the field since yet another NFC Championship game loss, so I'm going to enjoy it. Even if getting through the whole thing is a pretty painful process. Football, it's officially back bitches.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment