Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quick Thought on the Sixers Tonight



In case you haven't heard, the NBA Draft is tonight, and your Philadelphia 76ers have the 17th pick. All sorts of crazy things have already happened, like Shaq getting traded for, as Bill Simmons would say, a turn sandwich to Cleveland, Randy Foye and Mike Miller getting shipped to the Wizards for the No. 5 pick and some garbage, and Richard Jefferson calling San Antonio home.



But really, who cares about all that? I'm more interested in seeing who the Sixers will pick. I want Ty Lawson. I hope he's there and the Sixers pick him. I'm beginning to really get the feeling he won't be there. There's no way there are 16 players in this draft better than Lawson. No way.

He's the guy I want. I guess Wayne Ellington or some other shooter would be OK. And Maynor would do just fine. But I want Lawson. Make it happen, Ed. Even if you gotta move up a few spots. And if you draft a small forward or B.J. Mullens, I just might freak the fuck out.

More tomorrow.

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment