Monday, October 5, 2009

You'll Always Remember Your First Time, Part 17

They say you never forget your first time. And with October upon us, the vivid memories of my first time witnessing a professional Philadelphia franchise win a championship are ripe in my head. Even with football underway, I find myself wandering back to that glorious month of October, 2008. It's something I want to relive again and again. In fact, that's exactly what I'm going to do, republishing my feelings during the wild ride to becoming 2008 World Fucking Champions. View part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here, part 5 here, part 6 here, part 7 here, part 8 here, part 9 here, part 10 here, part 11 here, part 12 here, part 13 here, part 14 here, part 15 here and part 16 here.

Today is part 17, originally published Oct. 20, 2008, by uncle jellysfish:

A Haiku for the (Devil) Rays

Shitty for Ten Years
Lose World Series in Six Games
Shitty for Ten More


-Forgive me if that's not a real Haiku, but that's how I feel. Fuck Tampa Bay, and St. Petersburg too because that's where the stadium is. Or are they the same place? Who knows or even cares? And why must a 'city' and their 'team' who are occasionally supported by 'fans' stand in the way of our squad and a championship?

That's what pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched that Douche Sox Nation does not get to be a part of this Fall Classic, but at least they are hateable. Tampa Bay fans aren't hateable because they don't exist. Most of the base down there is just realizing that their team didn't lose 95 games again.

This series is extremely even on paper. I give a slight edge to the Phils' pen, a nod to the Rays' rotation, and call it about even through the lineup and defense. Intangibles, if something that isn't tangible can be rated, go to the Phils. I assume Maddon is a good manager, we'll see if he can manage the NL style game well enough in crunch time in the 3 games in Philly.

Wednesday night can't come soon enough, let's get this thing started. Colbert Hamels will show us the way, people.

LET'S GO PHILS

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment