Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You'll Always Remember Your First Time, Part 19

They say you never forget your first time. And with October upon us, the vivid memories of my first time witnessing a professional Philadelphia franchise win a championship are ripe in my head. Even with football underway, I find myself wandering back to that glorious month of October, 2008. It's something I want to relive again and again. In fact, that's exactly what I'm going to do, republishing my feelings during the wild ride to becoming 2008 World Fucking Champions. View part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here, part 5 here, part 6 here, part 7 here, part 8 here, part 9 here, part 10 here, part 11 here, part 12 here, part 13 here, part 14 here, part 15 here, part 16 here, part 17 here and part 18 here.

Today is part 19, originally published Oct. 22, 2008:

It's Time

Let me tell you something, coming in to work at 10:30 sure does help the day fly by, but I still wanted to get this in. The Phillies play their first World Series game in 15 years tonight against a team that has never once been there before, and that team resides in a city we are all way too familiar with.



History does not seem to be on the Phillies' side. After all, they've lost to every other team in AL East in the World Series. But tonight, the Phils have a chance to reverse that trend and finally end this horrid, horrid drought that has prevented me from witnessing a championship in this city.

I am 24 years old. And I am getting quite tired of waiting. So Cole, please, I beg you, go out there and keep doing what you've been doing. Shut out that overachieving team in that horrible stadium, put us up 1-0 and get one step closer to getting this monkey off my back, off our backs.

It's time, fellas. Chase, Ryan, Jimmy, Shane, Pat, Jay, Pedro, Carlos, Greg, Chris, Brett, So, Matt, Joe, Clay, J.C., Chad, Scott, J.A., Brad, Ryan, Jamie, Eric, Geoff, Cole, do it for us. Do it for yourselves. Do it for Davey. And Jimmy. And Rich. And Milt. And Ramon. And Mick. And Steve. Do it for Charlie. And most of all, do it for each other, for this city. It's time.

LET'S GO PHILS!!!!!!!

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment