Thursday, July 9, 2009

Off-Topic: Man v. Food

Last night, after the Shane Victorino ended the Phillies game in All-Star-worthy fashion, I wasn't quite tired enough to go to sleep, so my roommate and I searched for something to watch. That's when we stumbled across Man v. Food.



Now, I remember hearing about the show from someone, although I can't remember who, however, I had never seen an episode of it in my life … until last night. And I have to tell you, that show is fucking fantastic. For those of you who are like I was prior to last night and have never seen this masterpiece of entertainment, host Adam Richman travels the country searching out eateries famous for their food challenges. Richman then proceeds to take up these challenges, whether it be eating a ginormous burger, a huge pizza or fire hot delectables.

Last night, I watched two episodes. In the first, he ate super spicy fritters with habaneros inside.



The guy wasn't even fazed. That's damn impressive. I ate a habanero once in my life, and I felt like I wanted to die. My mouth was on fire for 3 solid hours.

In the second, he tackled a five-pound burrito, French dip sandwich and orochon ramen challenge, which consists of an insanely spicy fiery noodle dish. The guy was sweating bullets, but he got it done. Adam Richman is an impressive man.

I highly recommend this show. It's awesome, and I am insanely jealous of Richman. While I no doubt would not stand a chance to complete most of the challenges he takes on, I would kill to have a job like that. He gets to travel the world and eat the most incredible foods, in ridiculous quantities mind you, and get paid for it. It has inspired me. My new life goal is to become a food critic or something. Or to get one of these shows myself, simply traveling around eating awesome food for a living.

This guy has one of the best jobs ever.

UPDATE!!!!!!: Holy coincidence, Batman! Man v. Food is in Philadelphia right now as we speak, filming. Check out the e-mails I just received:

Hey, just saw your post about Man v. Food... and wanted to let you know we're shooting in Philly today! Adam's taking on a giant cheesesteak at Tony Luke's this evening if you want to stop by and watch / cheer!

Josh Abraham
Sharp Entertainment



I've got a Google Alert set for all incoming MvF news ... saw you were in Philly by coincidence, thought I'd let ya know!

We're filming at Tony Luke's all day, and the challenge is scheduled to start circa 4:45.

(Also, we'll be at Reading Terminal Market Saturday morning / afternoon, and Franklin Fountain on Sunday.)


BallHype: hype it up!

5 comments:

  1. So Chris told me about your post today b/c I LOVE Man Vs. Food, LOL! And if I were in Philly, I'd totally go watch him! You better get there! Oh and you stole Kaitlin's idea...she's been saying for months that her dream job is to work for the Travel Channel or Food Network and travel around, getting paid for it. You don't even like traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. food is good. try watching anthony bourdains no reservations. the guy is an ass, but you havent lived until you've seen someone eat slightly charred warthog anus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Man vs. Food. Great show. You should definitely go see him. In my youth, I may have given him a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    buy lexapro online
    Additionally, don’t buy it online as long as they are the most reputed and authorized ones in the industry.
    [url=http://www.vidad2.com/]generic lexapro[/url]
    First and foremost, never intake Lexapro with MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor), such as tranylcypromine (Parnate), rasagiline (Azilect), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), and selegiline (Emsam, Eldepryl.
    http://www.vidad2.com/ - lexapro cost
    This drug works outstandingly in case of depression or anxiety.

    ReplyDelete