Thursday, July 10, 2008

Makin It Reign

More basketball? I must be crazy. Well, I am, but that has nothing to do with this: a great post about Shawn Kemp courtesy Tremendous Upside Potential.



Enjoy it immensely Arkansas Fred. I did this for you, you bastard.

Anyway, I'd like to add my two cents about the Reign Man. In the early years, I was a true Kemp fan. Watching him run the floor, block shots and dunk like a madman gave me tremendous joy, as did watching Gary Payton play sick d and act crazy while Detlef Schrempf hit bombs.

Then Kemp turned into an overweight, cocaine-abusing womanizer that really let us all down. He could have been one of the greatest. Instead he wasted it all away.

However, we're here to look at all the good Shawn Kemp brought us, such as this:



And this:



And this:



Here's hoping Reign Man junior bursts onto the scene like his father did, and learns from his mistakes to become a hero to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment