Friday, November 14, 2008

The Enigma that is Larry Johnson

It's no secret that I am a huge Larry Johnson fan. When I was a freshman at Penn State, Larry Johnson was a senior, and the man became the first and only running back to rush for 2,000 in the Big 10. He was robbed of the Heisman Trophy because Carson Palmer had a huge game on national television against an overrated Notre Dame team.



To see him fall from grace this year has been disheartening for me. No matter how many personal issues he must go through, as horrible as some of them truly are, I'll always have a soft spot for LJ. But truly, the man has some personal demons to tackle, and Jeffri Chadiha wrote an excellent feature on Johnson. It's a long piece, but very worth the time.



I can only hope that LJ can get his life back in order and reclaim his place among the NFL's elite. Because no matter how much of an asshole he is (and trust me, I've been hearing stories since my time at Penn State about just how surly he can be), I'll never forget that magical 2002 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment