Monday, December 29, 2008

Rich vs. Poor

Tonight, I will attempt to make the treacherous trip out 76 (or just take a train) to the Main Line for tonight's clash between Temple and Villanova. I will be meeting silver fox there.





For the record, both silver fox and I typically root for all the Big 5 teams when they aren't playing one another (or UNC in my case), but when they go up against one another, our allegiances are divided. I am a Temple fan, silver fox a Nova supporter. It's the classic rich vs. poor battle, although, ironically enough, we are both broke as shit, which is all the more reason silver fox should be a Temple fan.

Anyway, tonight I'll be at the Pavilion for the battle between North Philly and the Main Line; rich vs. poor; ghetto vs. mansions; shootings vs. speed traps; Broad Street vs. Lancaster Ave.; normal college students vs. preppy, entitled douchebags; A-10 vs. Big East. It's a battle of the classes. A battle of Philadelphia vs. the suburbs that think they're Philadelphia. What I'm trying to say is, Let's go Temple.

One thing we can all agree on though, no matter which team you root for, is that Kerry Kittles, Jason Lawson, Lynn Greer and David Hawkins were the shit.









BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment